[Samba] samba as fileserver backup fileserver

Brock Nanson bnanson at true.bc.ca
Thu Apr 10 19:32:02 GMT 2003

I recall a package intended for routers that would spoof the MAC and IP
of the regular box should it fail.  There was some sort of heartbeat
between the two.  If the Main router disappeared, the daemon would
advertise the backup router as the Main router.  However, I think you
needed an absolute hardware failure or power outage to cause this to
activate.

Sorry, don't remember the name of the package, perhaps redundant routing
something or other.  You might poke around sourceforge though.  Don't
know if this would do exactly what you need, but might be adaptable.

Brock