[Samba] Domain controller - LDAP

Marlon Dutra marlon at debian-rs.org
Thu Apr 10 14:42:26 GMT 2003

Hello,

I migrated my Samba server auth to OpenLDAP, and I'm having a problem with
that.

The workstations (Windows 2000 Pro) are logging and working usually. The
problem is when an workstation tries to access another workstation directly.
Before I to migrate to LDAP, the access works fine.

For instance. I'm on the station1, Start, Run, \\station2. It opens a dialog
box asking for an username and password. I enter with a username valid in
Domain Server, and it doesn't work.

The stranger is that with a 'tail -f' on the Openldap log, I see station2
doing a request about the user that I tryed accessing from station1. But even
so, the station2 tell that the password is incorrect.

My Samba is the latest (2.2.8a) and my OpenLDAP is 2.0.23. My system is Debian
GNU/Linux 3.0 (woody).

Samba was compiled using --with-winbind-ldap-hack --with-ldapsam --with-pam
--with-pam_smbpass.

OpenLDAP is using samba.schema from Samba 2.2.8a. I used import_smbpasswd.pl
to import accounts from smbpasswd to LDAP.

I think it's lacking some account on the LDAP. I created an account to
Administrator and to nobody, according to Samba-PDC-LDAP-HowTo. I also tryed
creating a root account with uid 0, but it didn't work.

Would anyone know tell me something?

I use Samba about some years, but it's first time that I integrating it with
OpenLDAP, using as a domain controller.

Best regards.

--
MARLON DUTRA