[Samba] Samba PDC/Windows BDC

David Chait davidc at bonair.stanford.edu
Wed Apr 9 18:41:24 GMT 2003

Well first of all Win9x has no ability to be a BDC in a NT4 type environment
such as yours, secondly you wont be able to replicate DHCP scopes between
the two platforms (even 2 windows machines have trouble with this). In order
to set up a back up DHCP box, create a completely new one using a different
IP scope with enough address space to cover your machines, and keep it
disabled until needed.