[Samba] Fail to "Connect to printer"

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Wed Apr 9 12:05:31 GMT 2003

>         flags:[0x800000]
>         name:[\\ka\IBM Infoprint 1222]
>         comment:[IBM Infoprint 1222]

> [Windows NT x86]
> Printer Driver Info 1:
>         Driver Name: [AGFA-AccuSet v52.3]
>
> Printer Driver Info 1:
>         Driver Name: [IBM Infoprint 1222]
>
> Yet if I click "connect" for that printer in a XP SP1 WS
> (that belongs to
> that domain) I get the well known error "The server for the
> printer does not
> have the correct printer driver installed..."

How did you upload the drivers?  Did you get any errors toward the end
of this process?  Did you use drivers for IBM Infoprint 1222 that came
with windows or some other source?  Some manufacturer provided drivers
do not behave when remote uploaded to samba.  I'm not sure if it's ever
been tracked down to anything specific.  But I've ended up in a
situation (with KM KX drivers) where the print share is associated with
the correct printer model, but got your error that no driver was
installed.  And an rpcclient deldriver did not work, because it was
associated with the print share (had to setdriver it to something else
or remove that print share first).  Sorry can't be of more help, but I'd
try a different driver if there are any available, and contact any
support/help email address or list associated with the IBM Infoprint
drivers and let them know it isn't behaving with samba.

~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.