[Samba] connecting to resource IPC$ problems -samba 2.2.8

tandrew1304 at earthlink.net tandrew1304 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 7 23:04:58 GMT 2003

it doesn't matter to me,
all I am trying to do is,

I have a DSL connection to the net using a LinkSys 4 port router,
I have redhat 8.0 setup as a webserver on one of the ports,

all I want to do, is setup samba so that each user on my Linksys
router can logon to the LAN to upload their webiste files to
the
webserver..   instead of using FTP.

since it works fine in NT/XP, I won't mess with that,

ok, I'll change Windows 9X username,
are you referring to the network id and password it prompts
me for at Login?  yeah I can change that..