[Samba] Samba PDC

Wouter wouter at zaaijernet.dyndns.org
Mon Apr 7 20:29:52 GMT 2003

Hi,

I built a samba PDC for some win2k clients, it all works fine, but i got the
feeling some things aren't right.
My first point is that logging on/off takes WAY longer with the PDC, than
just on local accounts, but i can imagine that's a network problem, but to
me it feels like a timeout or something.
The other reason why I think something isn't good is that the local profile
and the profile on the server don't match.
For example I took a new wallpaper with internet explorer (so there is
written a file in the profile called "Microsoft Internet Explorer
wallpaper.bmp") and in the profile on the server it was still the old one,
but local the new wallpaper is written down.
I guess you guys need my smb.conf to locate the issue (if there is one...?),
so i'll post it here.

Greets, Wouter

smb.conf:

[global]
    null passwords = no
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    loglevel = 2
    debug timestamp = yes
    bind interfaces only = yes
    max log size = 250
    interfaces = 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0
    domain master = yes
    #add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser -g machines -c NTMachine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false -n '$
    #delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %m$
    locking = yes
    domain logons = yes
    preferred master = yes
    encrypt passwords = yes
    password level = 0
    logon path = \\Server\homedir\.profile
    serverstring = Zaaijernet server (Samba %v)
    socket address = 192.168.1.1
    hosts allow = 192.168.1. localhost
    workgroup = ZAAIJERNET
    username map = /etc/samba/smbusers
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    logon script = login.bat
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192
SO_RCVBUF=8192
    read raw = yes
    write raw = yes
    netbios name = SERVER