[Samba] LDAP Supplementary Groups not recognised

Malcolm Gibbs Malcolm.Gibbs at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 7 00:49:01 GMT 2003

Jerry,

The same supplementary group works fine when used
in /etc/password for a Solaris User.

If you put the supplementary group in /etc/group
and make the SAMBA user a member this works fine.

If you make the sambaAccount gidNumber the
supplementary group (so now the primary group) this
also works.

It is as if SAMBA is never looking for any
supplementary LDAP
posixGroups when attempting the directory open.

Thanks
Malcolm