[Samba] connecting to resource IPC$ problems -samba 2.2.8

tandrew1304 at earthlink.net tandrew1304 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 6 15:36:45 GMT 2003

hello I am running Samba 2.2.8 (latest) that I downloaded the
binary
from the Samba site. I have this problem in older versions of
Samba as well.
I have under Redhat 8.0

security level = user
works fine under NT/2000/XP platforms,
but when I try to login from a Windows 95/98/98se/Me machine,
samba prompts me for a password to resource  \\netbiosname\IPC$

how do I prevent this from happening in 95/98/se/me platforms
and have it prompt the user for an id and password like it does
in XP?

I have about exhausted every option, I tried enabling domain
master,
I tried enabling wins logons, I tried enabling domain master,
etc,
nothing seems to have any affect :( still same problem.

any ideas?? anyone?