[Samba] Missing components on configure

Adam Cormany acormany at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 16:25:35 GMT 2003

I'm currently running redhat 7.3. Something happened
where I can't configure samba in order to compile. I
know some older kernels were removed from the system,
so I'm not sure if that's the cause of it all or not.

When I try to configure samba now, I get a lot of
checks not found. For example:
checking for strerror... no
checking for chown... no
checking for fchown... no
checking for chmod... no
checking for fchmod... no
checking for chroot... no
checking for link... no
checking for fstat... no

These are pretty common things to be checking for. I
have Samba 2.2.6 on the system that I
configured/compiled/installed in the past without any
problems. I have configured and compiled MySQL, PHP,
and Apache in the last couple days without problems,
but for some reason Samba just wont successfully go
through the configure.

Could someone point me to the right direction on this
please? Where should chmod fchmod chroot etc be? Is
there a rpm that has all this information that I may
be missing now? Perhaps a broken link somewhere I'm
missing? Any information would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Adam