[Samba] Windows 95 client with Samba PDC

Curtis Vaughan curtis at npc-usa.com
Sat Apr 5 06:10:14 GMT 2003

Set up a Samba 2.2.7 PDC.
According to the documents, getting a W98 client to authenticate
against it is simple. But there are some tricks to getting a W2K
computer to authenticate against a Samba server.

Well, I started with the W2K Advanced Server, followed the instructions
and boom!, magic. It works perfect.
So I thought the W98 would be a breeze. I have been working on this for
hours and nothing. At this point it merely says that the password is
wrong when I try to log in with any account. I have turned off password
encryption on the Samba server.

What else could be up?

Curtis Vaughan