[Samba] samba, ncurses, and sysV printing?

Lee Kolinsky sage2 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 5 05:48:11 GMT 2003

Dear SAMBA Group,

I've playing around with getting SAMBA to do things for me.
I have an Ultra-1 running Solaris 2.6 and a Win-XP system with
a Canon BJC-2000 printer attached to it.
I'm trying to get the SUN to print to the printer on the XP box.
I have followed various instructions but now when I print as "root"
with "lp -d bjc <file>" I get an email message sent to root saying

ld.so.1: /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient: fatal: libncurses.so.5: open failed: no such file or
directory
killed

I have installed the ncurses package and the libncurses.so.5 is in /usr/local/ncurses/lib

Also my LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes /usr/local/ncurses/lib

Any tips?

--Lee