[Samba] security = problems

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Apr 3 19:21:40 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 14:03, SPURGEON_MATHEW_D at LILLY.COM wrote:
> Thank you,
>
> However if every user has a UNIX account and all I want is for the
> windows users to get the security from the windows PDC.  It seems to
> me that the method that I am using the users are actually
> authenticating against the samba server's smbpasswd file.

please don't send me (or the list) html mail...

yes you are currently authenticating against smbpasswd - i thought you
don't want that...

if you don't want to use smbpasswd you have to use some other backend.
you might be able to use passthru auth (password server =)
I've never used that I don't know how it works.

Since you have all your users on the unix machine you could use security
=domain to do the authentication.

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>