[Samba] smb.conf Parameters

jim.a.burns at hsbcgroup.com jim.a.burns at hsbcgroup.com
Thu Apr 3 09:27:10 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am looking at upgrading  our existing Samba installs to 2.2.8

Some of the installations contain the parameter "shared mem size" in the
smb.conf file. This parameter does not appear to be available in ver 2.2.8.

Is there an alternative parameter or is this now defunct?

Regards

Jim Burns
HSBC Group

The HSBC Group's website is at http://www.hsbc.com

HSBC Bank Plc, which is regulated in the UK by FSA, has issued the
information contained in this message (including any attached
documents) for its institutional and professional customers only.
It is not intended for private customers. This message and any
attachments are not an invitation to buy or sell securities or related
financial instruments, are confidential to the named recipient and may
also be privileged. The information should not be reproduced and / or
distributed to any other person. Internet communications are not secure
and HSBC Bank Plc makes no representation and accepts no
responsibility or liability as to the completeness and accuracy of the
information contained in this message. Each page attached hereto
must be read in conjunction with any disclosure which forms part of it.