[Samba] winbindd problems FIXED

Gavin Hamill gavin at bytel.net.uk
Wed Apr 2 15:47:30 GMT 2003

> > cjhiggins:~# wbinfo -u
> > 0xc0000022
> > cjhiggins:~# wbinfo -a gdh%blahblah
> > plaintext password authentication succeeded
> > challenge/response password authentication succeeded
>

> Looks like you need to do a wbinfo -A administrator%password as your
> domain controller is not allowing anonymous listing.  Note, not -a, it's

Ahhh interesting, I hadn't thought it that way... <doh!>

However, I was googling more and found another solution, although it's
probably a massive security hole =)

net localgroup "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access" everyone /add

Then reboot the server, and then it all worked =)

It's a closed LAN anyway, so I'm happy and the customer is happy.

Cheers,
Gavin.