[Samba] Samba 3.0 won't join Samba-TNG domain

Uli Luckas luckas at musoft.de
Wed Apr 2 13:38:23 GMT 2003

Hi,
I posted this problem before in more detail
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&m=104756899022766&w=2)  but received
no response.

At the current state of Smaba 3.0 and Samba-TNG these two seem to be
incomaptible. Samba 3.0 can't join a TNG controlled domain.

I think this should affect a lot of installations as TNG as a controller and
"stable" as file/printserver seem to be a common setup.

Now I know, neither 3.0 nor TNG are stable but I would like to see the
problem at least recognized so I can keep on hoping I will be able to update
my fileservers to 3.0 one day :)

Please give some kind of notice to this problem. It's ok if you just tell me
I am too stupid and it works at other places.

Thanks
Uli