[Samba] Samba Setup

Kenny Mann Kennymann at cdrobot.com
Tue Apr 1 17:32:13 GMT 2003

You need to disable encrpyted passwords.
The newer version of samba should allow encrypted passwords.
There is a registry setting that you must create to allow plain text
passwords.
It is highly recommended that you do now use plaintext passwords for
obvious security reasons.

Did you set any encryption settings in your smb.conf file?
What version of Samba are you running?

If, for some reason, you can't get that going....
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\p
arameters

Create a dword called "enableplaintextpassword"
Give it a value of 1.
1=on
0=off

--Kenny Mann