[Samba] How to read NT Domain accounts from a Unix box

Barry, Christopher cbarry at infiniconsys.com
Tue Apr 1 16:52:51 GMT 2003

What I do is a two-step process, kinda kludgy, but works well.

1.) on the NT box, from scheduler, I run the 'addusers /d' command (from the resource kit) dumping all user/group data to a file in an ftp root directory. This runs every 5 minutes.

2.) from the NIS master Linux box, I grab the file via ftp, parse it and modify all of my NIS user and group info to match Windows. This way I can add/remove all users and groups in Windows, and this script keeps the users and groups in NIS in sync.

If anyone wants a copy of the script and conf files, let me know.

Regards,

--
Christopher Barry
Manager of Information Systems