[Samba] Bug on samba

Ayelet Regev AyeletR at tecnomatix.com
Tue Apr 1 16:17:47 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I am using samba version 2.2.6 on an Irix OS.

My problem is that I have no permission to read/write into dot files.
when I access the data via Dos and edit the files I receive "read only file"
The files look great from the Unix side (777 permissions)

This is my smb.conf file:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 172.17.5.221 (172.17.5.221)
# Date: 2003/04/01 19:09:50

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = TECNMX-IS-HR
        server string = Ayelet's Server Samba %v
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = israel-2
        log file = /usr/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        read size = 8192
        strip dot = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = israel-3 israel-2
        comment = Ayelet's Samba Server %v
        create mask = 0777
        directory mask = 0777
        force unknown acl user = 01
        guest ok = Yes
        nt acl support = No
        default case = upper
        case sensitive = Yes
        hide dot files = No
        map archive = No

[disk2]
        comment = Tecnomatix Stuff
        path = /net/disk2
        read only = No

[shiri_data]
        path = /shiri_data
        read only = No

[test]
        path = /tmp
        read only = No

Please help me solve this issue,
Ayelet Regev
Unix system Administrator
Tecnomatix LTD.

The information contained in this message is proprietary of Tecnomatix, protected
from disclosure, and may be privileged.
The information is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s) of the
message. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you.