[Samba] Mounting Share at Boot

Barry Skidmore skidmore at mail.worldvenue.org
Mon Sep 30 22:38:12 GMT 2002

[skidmore at mail skidmore]$ /usr/sbin/smbmount "\\\\sheltie\\linux"
'/home/skidmore/linux' -o username=skidmore,password=xxx
execvp of smbmnt failed. Error was No such file or directory.smbmnt
failed: 1

I received the same error message after setting up a mount point in my
home directory: /home/skidmore/linux

In your command, are you certain about the direction of the '\' -vs- '/'
and the use of ' instead of " around the mount point?

Barry