[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 + OpenLDAP 2.x - Caveats?

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Mon Sep 30 22:16:01 GMT 2002

Em Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 11:34:55AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett escreveu:
> > Any other comments?
>
> Samba can hit your LDAP server *hard*.  I would suggest keeping LDAP on

Hard indeed. I'm running a small script that first lists all shares available
to an user (smbclient -L), and then uses smbclient again but to connect to each share and run
"dir".  I run this script once for each user I have (about 300). The load on
the ldap machine, a PII-300 128Mb soars to 32 and stays there.

Samba is running on another machine, while openldap 2.0.25 is
on this PII-300. Load on the samba machine is between 1.5 and 2.5 most of the time
during this test. (the samba machine is a celeron 500).