[Samba] Mounting Share at Boot

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Mon Sep 30 08:09:02 GMT 2002

On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 12:25:02PM -0500, Barry Skidmore wrote:
> //DELL-4400/linux /root/mnt/DELL-4400/linux smbfs auto,user,rw,umask= 0 0 0
>
> When the system (Red Hat 7.2) is booting with the above line in fstab, it
> hangs up at the following point:
>
> "Mounting SMB filesystems:"
>
> If I hit Enter, the following message appears:
>
> "Password: SMB Connection Failed"

Where are the windows user and password?

Take a look at "man smbmount"

You would add

.., username=WindowsUser, password=WindowsPassword, ...

to the options, or better

..., credentials=FileName, ...

where the file FileName has the following content:
username = WindowsUser
password = WindowsPassword

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de