[Samba] Samba with a Win9x network and RoadRunner

linux power linuxpower2002 at yahoo.no
Sun Sep 29 03:17:00 GMT 2002

I have a similar problem just posted about win98 and
samba.I think if you have applied ip
address,dns,gateway and added the server ip address in
lmhost, there is not anything more to do at the win
box.
About the second question I have ran tcpdump on my
samba server to determine how it communicate with the
clients. And I found that on establish the connection
from win98 to samba, it uses hostnames and it look to
me it also use the nic hardware address. The other way
it dont use the hw address, but the hostnames.
If this could be to any help.

 --- DJ Busch <djbusch at new.rr.com> skrev: > Hi
everyone...I'm at a dead stop setting up Samba,