[Samba] Samba authentication

Filipe Joel de Almeida filipe.joel at netcabo.pt
Sat Sep 28 19:40:59 GMT 2002

Thanks Steve for your time.

I'm trying to do everything by hand and without any GUI or wizards, so
that I really learn how things work, so I'm having a little more work
(specially because I just started using linux this week) but I think
that with time it will be better this way.

My idea for now is to have a Linux server integrated into a W2K domain,
and providing that domain users with files.

I have the users in the domain grouped in several groups.

Isn't there any way that I, on the linux machine, "share" folders for a
certain group and every user that is created in W2K and added to that
group has access to that folder.

My problem is that my first production deployment of samba is in a
network of 100+ users with some rotativity (lots of users gone, and new
come in). I really don't want to have to create each user twice.

Can anyone tell me a way to implement this kind of slution?

Filipe Joel de Almeida
Network Consultant
Filipe.Joel at netcabo.pt