[Samba] ACT 2000 and Windows XP problem

Cyril Y. Nickonorov cyril at imvs.ru
Sat Sep 28 14:04:01 GMT 2002

Hello to All!

I've got a problem moving my ACT 2000 database from WinXP to
Samba server on Linux. All clients are WinXP systems, Samba 2.2.5
runs on Debian Linux, 2.4.18 kernel. I have a share with ACT database
which is connected to all WinXP systems as a mapped network drive.
The first client starts ACT successfuly but when I try to launch ACT
on the second client it says that ACT database is corrupted or locked
by another user.

Can I use ACT on Samba share with multiple WinXP/2000 clients?
Is it a Samba or Windows error?

Thanks in advance,
Cyril.