[Samba] ADS not compiled in, but configure says yes

Donald Saltarelli djs at uci.edu
Sat Sep 28 04:06:01 GMT 2002

Hello-

with alpha20 I'm getting the "ADS support not compiled in" error when
trying to do 'net ads join'. I double checked everything before doing
the make.

I'm no hacker, but i sniffed around in the code and discovered that
configure is putting '#define WITH_ADS 1' into includes/config.h and all
the .c files are doing '#ifdef HAVE_ADS'.

So i guess somebody got motivated to switch from one nomenclature to the
other and didn't finish.

This may already be fixed in CVS, I don't know.

Donald Saltarelli
The Henry Samueli School of Engineering