[Samba] Listing Domain controllers, Local and Master Browsers running in your network

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Sat Sep 28 00:05:01 GMT 2002

--On Saturday, September 28, 2002 12:51 AM +0200 Martin MOKREJ?
<mmokrejs at natur.cuni.cz> wrote:

> Hi,
>   when trying to configure my samba server, I was curious if there's any
> Domain controller running on our subnet. I could only find notes in
> documentation of samba, that there has to be only one Domain Controller
> running, otherwise weird things would happen ... Btw what are those weird
> things?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you might want to re-word that...

"You should not have more than one controller PER SAMBA CONTROLLED-DOMAIN."
Per subnet does not matter. (right?)  When you setup your Samba to be the
Domain controller, do not use the name of an existing domain with a Windows
PDC.

- john