[Samba] Listing Domain controllers, Local and Master Browsers running in your network

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs at natur.cuni.cz
Fri Sep 27 22:52:01 GMT 2002

Hi,
  when trying to configure my samba server, I was curious if there's any
Domain controller running on our subnet. I could only find notes in
documentation of samba, that there has to be only one Domain Controller
running, otherwise weird things would happen ... Btw what are those weird
things?

  I couldn't find an option in smbclient or nmblookup to list for example
Domain Controllers, so I wrote a short perl script which hopefully does it
in the right way. Any opinions are welcome. ;)

  http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs/samba/smblisthosts.pl

--
Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs at natur.cuni.cz>, <m.mokrejs at gsf.de>
PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs