[Samba] Problem, help please!

SarelT at videolab.co.za SarelT at videolab.co.za
Fri Sep 27 14:22:01 GMT 2002

Hi

I'm trying to get samba fileserver going on a RedHat 7.2 box. This what I
get when test with smbclient.

[root at woody samba]# smbclient '\\woody\Test\'
added interface ip=192.168.7.31 bcast=192.168.7.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
session request to WOODY failed (Not listening for calling name)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Not listening for calling name)

netbios-ssn is listening when checked with netstat -a.
Any help will be appreciated.

Sarel Theron
Engineer
The Video Lab
Tel: +27 (0)11 293 3123
Fax: +27 (0)11 293 3090
sarelt at videolab.co.za <mailto:sarelt at videolab.co.za>
http://www.videolab.co.za <http://www.videolab.co.za>

Disclaimer and confidentiality note

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.
If this email is not intended for you, you may not copy, distribute, or disclose the included information to any one

If you are not the intended recipient please delete the mail. Whilst all reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all data transmitted electronically, no liability is accepted if the data,
for whatever reason, is corrupt or does not reach it's intended destination.
All business is undertaken, subject to our standard trading conditions which are available on request.