[Samba] force user

Ssltbivdc.com stars at ssltbivdc.com
Fri Sep 27 00:50:01 GMT 2002

Hello,
I am using a samba share to upload files from my PC to an intranet server
running apache on red hat 6.2.

However, i always want the user/owner of the file to be apache and the group
to be webdev.  BUt even though I set these options in samba when I create a
file and upload to the intranet via the samba share for some reason the
user/owner of the file is always root.  Why??

The options i used were force user and force group.
Has anyone any ideas?  Or maybe there is a Linux command I can use to force
the owner of file for certain directories?  Please help - thanks

Mr. Gerard O'Reilly
Intranet Manager
Siam Stars Ltd/ Thai-Belgium Industrial Co. Ltd
21/6 Moo 3, Soi Kayha Bangbua,
Viphavadee Rangsit Road,
60 Talad Bangkhen,
Laksi Bangkok 10210