[Samba] bugs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Sep 26 23:17:01 GMT 2002

> Marvel Ok wrote:
>
> Dear Samba team

> but if i add one user more (%D+dian) in the valid users for example :
>
> valid users = %D+tjipto %D+bep %D+lemuel %D+joko %D+atmoko %D+herdian
> %D+susi %D
> +thenmust %D+khoharuddin %D+yoga %D+mulya %D+sulis %D+deab %D+marvel
> %D+kukuh %D
> +ganiadi %D+reny %D+dian
>

> then i got an error and we can't browse our share name ,its look like
> that there is something bugs in smbd .. here is the log one of the
> workstation that acces my samba
>
> [2002/09/26 10:07:15, 0] lib/fault.c:fault_report(39)
>   INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 11 in pid 2394 (2.2.3a)
>   Please read the file BUGS.txt in the distribution

I think this one might be fixed in later versions, try the 2.2.6pre2 or
2.2.5.

If not, please let me know, and see if you can get a backtrace out of
smbd.   (Recompile, ./configure --enable-debug, then set a 'panic
action' in your smb.conf and attach a debugger.  We need a 'bt full'
from gdb if possible).

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org