[Samba] ugh, continued ldap madness

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Sep 26 19:22:59 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 14:56, Derek J. Balling wrote:
> Please someone tell me I'm insane.
you're not an idiot (though you are insane - you asked for it ;)
ldap is still a bit complicated.

> But, using that same search criteria, I very easily find what it's
> looking for:
>
> $ ldapsearch -x -h ldap 'uid=dballing'

that's not the same search...
it is doing
ldapsearch -x -h ldap &(uid=dballing)(objectclass=sambaAccount))

i don't know why it does the second search...

make that first search work and you're all set.

you have to create the sambaAccount stuff
try the smbldap-tools package from the great guys at University of
Navarra.

good luck!
brad