[Samba] Win2k PC and RH7.3 PC on LAN

John Daues jdaues at nmsu.edu
Thu Sep 26 16:03:39 GMT 2002

I have a PC running RH7.3 which is connected to a LAN
I want to access another PC, named "Foo", running Win2k

I type in "smb:Foo" in the address line in nautilus and then log in to Foo

Then I double click on the shared folder and i get a dlg box that says:
You do not have the permissions necessary to view the contents of "shared"

Looking in Win2k, it says that the folder is shared with "everyone"
Looking in RH, it says the permissions are drwxrwxrwx

but there must some easy permission thing I'm overlooking.
What do I need to do? A mod to smb.conf?

Thanks,
John