[Samba] Problem with using Samba as a Fileserver

E.Taeubl ernst.taeubl at iic.wifi.at
Thu Sep 26 13:23:00 GMT 2002

Dear SAMBA-experts!
I´m a LINUX-Newbie (coming from Windowsadministration)
I have a large problem with my SAMBA-Server.
I have a Testserver called Fserver (IP 192.168.101.100) and want second
SAMBA-server called Server1(IP 192.168.101.101) and a WinME Client
(192.168.101.1)

both server have the same smb.conf:

[global]
	workgroup = EDV
	guest ok =yes
	guest account = Nobody
	map to guest = Bad password
	wins support = No

#wegen der Umlaute
	character set = ISO8859-15
	client code page = 850

[homes]
	comment = Home Verzeichnis
	path =/home/%U
	writable = yes
	create mask = 0750
	directory mask = 0740
	browseable = no
[public]
	comment = 4evry1
	path = /home/public
	read only = No
	create mask = 0777
	directory mask = 0777
	browseable = yes

I can see both server in the Windows Neigborhood, but I can only go to
Fserver. When I try to go to Server1 I get the Message beginning: auf
\\Server 1 kann nicht zugegriffen werden (I thing in English it sounds like
: \\Server1 cannot be used...)
I use Xsmbrowser and there the Problem between the 2 Servers is the same.