[SAMBA] spool dir

Matt Lung matt.lung at midwest-tool.com
Thu Sep 26 12:03:01 GMT 2002

hello,

I'm having a problem with print files not being deleted out of
/var/spool/samba directory after a print job completes.

Right now I am running RedHat 7.3, Samba 2.2.5 with CUPS 1.1.14 as my
printing system.  I was under the impression that after the job
completed Samba was suppose to remove the job from that spool directory.
 Right now it just grows and grows until I have to delete all the files
from there.  Isn't Samba suppose  to get rid of all those???

here is my config file:

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = MTD
        netbios name = GRINDER
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = PUNCH
        server string = Samba Server v.2.2.5
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log
        max log size = 0
        printcap name = cups
        os level = 30
        printing = cups
        load printers = yes

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        browseable = no
        public = yes
        guest ok = yes
        writable = no
        printable = yes
        printer admin = @ntadm,root

If anyone can help me get those to delete that would be great.

Thanks