[Samba] password change in windows

Jens jens at zahner2000.de
Wed Sep 25 22:55:03 GMT 2002

Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Quick hack - set a 'unix password sync' program that doesn't match the
> chat, or doesn't even exist.
>
> We don't yet have the ability to prevent password changes on a
> per-account basis.

My tipp, a password sync application, what first checks the username, and if
the user isn't allowed to change, simly exit, otherwise run unix passwd
command......

smb.conf:
passwd program = /sbin/mypasswd %u

#!/bin/sh
#
# user guest may not change his password
#
if test "$1" == "guest"; then exit fi
passwd $1