[Samba] other flavors of Unix

Goldston, Lloyd (SAIC) lloyd.goldston at sed.redstone.army.mil
Wed Sep 25 22:00:01 GMT 2002

I downloaded the source 2.2.5.tar file, untarred it, and ran through the
config.guess and configure scripts. I'm running on a Concurrent PowerMaxion
Motorola Unix version 4.1.3.....
With a new config.guess script I was able to run more of the configure
script but it bombs out on oplocks..with a message stating that running
samba would be unsafe without locking...

What can I do to get around this checkpoint charlie holdup? I have tried
identifying the

SAIC> UNAME_MACHINE = Motorola

SAIC> UNAME_RELEASE = 4.3

SAIC> UNAME_SYSTEM = Kiowa_Max

SAIC> UNAME_VERSION = PL8-20010927

in the script but this hasn't helped as it also gives error messages stating
'incorrect version'

Thanks in advance

Lloyd Goldston