[Samba] Samba and WinXP problem

Malte Starostik malte at starostik.de
Wed Sep 25 18:56:01 GMT 2002

[...]
>"The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "techland":
>Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user,
>using more than one username, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous
>connections to the server or shared resource and try again."
Not sure if you did this as well, there are two things that helped me
against this message. 1) when asked for credentials to join the domain,
try different combinations of plain admin username and admin username
prefixed with "domainname\" and "xpclientsname\" (no quotes)
2) try changing the XP client from domain to workgroup mode, making sure
that the workgroup name does not equal the domain's name, reboot as
asked and then try again.

HTH,
-Malte