[Samba] Profiles replication problems

Davide Parise d.parise at agora.it
Wed Sep 25 18:20:02 GMT 2002

I experienced some sporadic problem in the profiles replication on Samba
PDC. With the configuration attached in some case when a user log in from a
windows 2000 professional client with all the microsoft patches applied,
recive the error that says that is not possible to load the profile and that
a local profile will be used. No error is detected in samba log with log
level up to 5. The problem is temporanly solved deleting the local copy of
the user profile on the client. This problem seems to me extremly random.

Any idea or past experience about it?

The Server is a Slackware 8.0 Linux with samba 2.2.5 compiled with the
following options

./configure --prefix=/usr --with-configdir=/etc/samba --with-logfilebase=/va
r/log/samba --with-privatedir=/etc/samba/private --with-lockdir=/var/locks -
-with-swatdir=/usr/swat

Davide Parise
E-Mail: d.parise at agora.it
Cel.: +39 3333063640