AW: [Samba] Slow browsing windows shares from linux/samba

Benjamin Weber shawk at gmx.net
Wed Sep 25 18:13:01 GMT 2002

Well I got it. And I have to apologize for my own stupidity.

First off:
 SO_SNDBUF 8192

Well, if you miss the "=" in it, it cannot work.

Doing that fixed my browsing issue. But I was back to 80 mins copy time for
a 600 MB file. So I set it to 4096 and it was reduced to less than 10 mins.
Thats how it looks like right now. Hope it doesn't change.

I learned quite a lot through this.

Guess I will stay on the list for a while and try to offer some of the
knowledge I gained to make up for spaming you =)

--
Benjamin