[Samba] unable to get pushed drivers to work with hp plotters

Lawrence Walton lawrence at the-penguin.otak.com
Wed Sep 25 15:37:01 GMT 2002

Hello all! I am running a samba network remotely and am unable to get the
driver version needed for cad applications to work It's for a hp750c.

I can push the driver fine.

And previous versions (the one that came with 2000 and 2.65) worked;
but were unsatisfactory for CAD. The version that my cad users want is
version 4.64 but for the life of me I can't get that version to work.
The driver pushes, but then the user can not print to the device.

Things that I have done;

* deleted the contents of W32X86/2 and W32X86/3 and re-uploaded the driver (this works for the other printer just fine).
* Created multiple printers/names with different versions of the driver.
* deleted the contents of winnt\system32\spoll\drivers\2 and 3 on the workstation.
* Installed and then deleted the driver pointing to the lpt port on the workstation. (thinking that it was a missing dll.)
* Tried slightly different drivers EG the 750c+ and 755CM, in reality it's a c with the postscript module.
* Looked at the oh so wonderful hp site for newer drivers to down load but of course they want me to order a CD.

The system is a up-to-date debian sid box running Samba version 2.2.5-1.
And has run perfectly, with the exception of this.

Hints? Questions? Please ask.
*--* Mail: lawrence at otak.com
*--* Voice: 425.739.4247
*--* Fax: 425.827.9577