[Samba] Is nmbd running?

Andrew McCall it.andrew.mccall at oldham.gov.uk
Wed Sep 25 10:54:00 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 10:48 am, Axel Heinrici wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Wednesday 25 September 2002 08:00, John Blue wrote:
> > I am using Suse V8 with KDE3 and running Samba 2.2.3a, and very
> > much feeling my way as I get into Linux.
> >
> > Using Swat I checked Status and it said smbd running, nmbd not
> > running.
> >
> > If I use KDE process table I can see nmbd as PID 714 and smbd as
> > PID 719.
> >
> > I cannot start or restart nmbd from Swat ?
>
> What do you mean exactly? What does the status-folder of swat look
> like? How did you start smbd and nmbd?

If it started from init.d try this :

/etc/init.d/smb status

I don't have samba running for instance and I get this :

jupiter:~ # /etc/init.d/smb status
Checking for SAMBA nmbd                                        unused
Checking for SAMBA smbd                                        unused
jupiter:~ #

Hope that helps.

--
Thanks,