[Samba] Domain name contains '(' and ')'

Jesse Mok jesse.mok at scottwilson.com.hk
Wed Sep 25 09:56:00 GMT 2002

I am using NT Server as my PDC, and Samba 2.2.5 as my file server.
The Samba joined a domain called "DM(CN)" successfully and see in the
network neighborhood. When I click on the Samba, it ask me username and
password.
Using the same configuration, I try to join another domain called "DM_CN",
it works fine.

Do samba support domain name contains '(' or ')'?

Best regards,

Jesse

Scott Wilson Ltd celebrates its 50th year in Hong Kong!

This e-mail and any attachments to it are intended only for the party to
whom they are addressed. They may contain privileged and/or confidential
information. If you have received this transmission in error please notify
the sender immediately and delete any digital copies and destroy any paper
copies. Thank you.

Scott Wilson accepts no contractual liabilities or commitments arising from
this e-mail unless subsequently confirmed by fax or letter or as an e-mail
attachment giving company name, address, registration number and authorized
signatory.