AW: AW: [Samba] duplex settings [ was Re: parsing fix for spoolss & s amba-2.2.5]

Quach Van Khiem vkquach at baumerelectric.com
Wed Sep 25 07:14:00 GMT 2002

Hello Jerry

Of course, here the Details:

Samba2.2.6pre2 is running on a Sun Sparc Solaris 8 machine as standalone.
I am testing with an lj4050tn printer by using both postscript and PCL
drivers (HP drivers).
All the Driver download and Printer configuration (duplex,trays...) from a
Win2000Pro works no problem.

After the driver has been downloaded and the printer properties has
configured (with duplex unit and 3 trays), I go to the printer properties
via the Printers section in control panel on the windows2000 clients as
Administrator -> All the settings I applied to samba before are correctly
set (duplex, 3 trays). However, as regular users these settings are not
correctly set. (Only default settings: no duplex, only 2 trays)

When I select the properties for the printer in any application like text
pad, word, IE... (As Administrator or regular User) All the printer
properties (duplex/trays) I applied to samba before were not there. (Only
standard settings with no duplex and 2 trays are available)

At the moment, when I chose the printer from the application, log.smbd
(level 2) says:

[2002/09/03 09:36:58, 2] rpc_server/srv_spoolss_nt.c:_spoolss_addform(7114)
  _spoolss_addform: denied by handle permissions.

It seems, that the problem is some how under certain circumstances still
there. But what and when?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Best regards,
Khiem

---
Our smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
        template homedir = /export/home/%U
        domain master = False
        password server = XXX,XXX
        preferred master = False
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        printer admin = @XXX+"Domain Admins"
        winbind uid = 10000-20000
        server string = Server Backup (Samba 2.2.5)
        workgroup = XXX
        update encrypted = Yes
        template shell = /usr/bin/bash
        winbind use default domain = Yes
        netbios name = SERVER-BACKUP
        local master = No
        security = DOMAIN
        wins server = XXX
        log level = 2
        admin users = @XXX+"Domain Admins"
        winbind separator = +
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast  host
        public = yes
        winbind gid = 10000-20000

[homes]
        comment = Home Dir