[Samba] Windows 95/98 will not connect to Samba 2.2.5 please help

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Wed Sep 25 07:04:00 GMT 2002

Hi, we have several Solaris 8 file & print servers running
Samba 2.0.6
I know this is quite an old version, so we upgraded one of them
to 2.2.5 recently.
Now, all the Win 98 & 95 clients cannot connect to the upgraded server
(incorrect password for Server/IPC$)
However Win NT, 2000 seem to connect to the new server just fine.

The 95/98 clients can still connect ok to the other samba servers that
we have not upgraded.
The conf file on the new Samba is basically identical to the old conf file.

Has anyone got a solution to this problem?
Any advice welcome.

Thanks

-peter.

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.