[Samba] Trouble with Windows 2000 sp3

Joshua Pollak jpollak at cra.com
Tue Sep 24 23:09:01 GMT 2002

This adjustment, along with the suggestion of setting the following options:

oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no
kernel oplocks = no

Has not helped my problem. Here is a clipping of the relevant log file. The
broken pipe errors are very very frequent.

[2002/08/21 10:02:24, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(546)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Broken pipe
[2002/08/21 10:06:02, 0] smbd/open.c:open_directory(1044)
  open_directory: unable to create
[2002/08/21 10:08:33, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(546)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Broken pipe
[2002/08/21 10:13:53, 0] lib/util_sock.c:write_socket_data(546)
  write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Broken pipe

This problem only appeared after I upgraded to SP3, so I doubt this is a
hardware error. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? We are using
samba 2.2.5, and we had the same problem with 2.2.3. This only happens on one
computer, but its the only computer we have running sp3.

-Josh

--
Joshua Pollak
Software Engineer