[Samba] Samba performance issues

Martin MOKREJŠ mmokrejs at natur.cuni.cz
Tue Sep 24 22:08:01 GMT 2002

On 24 Sep 2002, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:

> probably you want to run the iostat 1 during heavier load...
> however the summary result does look funny to me...
>
> On my system we have ~ 1:1 ratio of reads to writes
> you have a ~ 1:200 ratio of reads to writes.
> Does that make sense in your environment?

Didn't you have a look into the first lines where's the summary output
from iostat? All those other remaining output lines show zero disk
activity ...

> It doesn't look like your system has a memory problem so i'd not worry
> about vmstat.

I'd would worry. Actually, what says "dmesg" command?

--
Martin Mokrejs <mmokrejs at natur.cuni.cz>, <m.mokrejs at gsf.de>
PGP5.0i key is at http://www.natur.cuni.cz/~mmokrejs