[Samba] Read failure for 4. Error = connection reset by peer.

Smith, Daniel A(Z07833) Daniel.Smith at pinnaclewest.com
Tue Sep 24 17:36:01 GMT 2002

You can try setting

deadtime=10

I think what is happening is the the Windows 2000 connection is timing out at the same time the Samba connection does and things get confused.  Reducing the dead time seemed to help but not completely solve my problem with the connection reset by peer message.

Dan Smith
Sr. System Analyst
Pinnacle West Shared Services
"If you can't get your work done in 24 hours a day,
work nights"