[Samba] How best to get ACL support?

jra at dp.samba.org jra at dp.samba.org
Tue Sep 24 16:12:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 05:07:02PM +0100, Noel Kelly wrote:
> The Official RedHat Kernel might also balk at the ACL patches during
> compilation so you might be better getting a newer kernel from
> www.kernel.org.  Then you need to ask yourself what those patches that
> Redhat used were for.... ;)

I've hand patched my RedHat 2.4.18-10 kernel with the ACL
patches. The problems actually are with the RedHat kernel
already containing part of the patch. It's not too difficult
to had-fix it, but not for novices I think. I may try and
post a RedHat specific ACL patch to make it easier for people
(when I get back from giving a training course in LA that is...)

Jeremy.