Kernelversion (Was: [Samba] How best to get ACL support?)

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Tue Sep 24 07:58:00 GMT 2002

Montag den 23.09.2002 um 19:51 CEST  +0200, schrieb Konkol, Josh:
> When I researched it I found an article where they said that the version for
> 2.4.7 was buggy.  The recommendation was to upgrade.  I've successfully done

Red Hat and all the other big distributor patch them to a clean level.
Take a look at

> this for use with Samba, so I know it works.  You can still download the
> older versions, there's a link off the site to them.

Last i hear from 2.4.19 is: buggy - be carefull.

For some month i run 2.4.18, this runs on an production system with
ext3, lvm, hardware raid5. No problem at all.

Back to the acl problem: You have to compile your kernel _and_ samba
with acl support, to make ist transparent to the windows client.

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de