[Samba] Oplock break state

Miguel Angel Moreno mmoreno at alatec-proes.com
Tue Sep 24 07:05:01 GMT 2002

Hi!!

I have the same problem, I'm running samba 2.2.3.
If you find how to solve this, please, let me know. :)

wm> When a client starts up Word or any other Office component, the software
wm> won't load.
wm> In our samba logs these messages occur:
wm> [2002/09/23 17:26:41, 2] smbd/process.c:switch_message(695)
wm>    switch_message: queueing message due to being in oplock break state.
wm> Does anybody know what this message means?

Regards,

Miguel Angel Moreno       ICQ UIN: 21457136
Alatec-Proes              Usuario Registrado de Linux Nº 142807
mmoreno at alatec-proes.com  PGP disponible.
------ La curiosidad es la madre de la sabiduría. -----